2. Information Collected
Non-identifying information: Whenever you visit our site, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, age and gender, cookie information, session time, and duration, screen resolution and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
3. Use of Your Information
We may use your information to:
- Enhance or improve user experience on our site.
- Targeted digital advertising and personalization of our content.
- Send e-mails about our site or respond to inquiries.
- Send e-mails about Sunglasses Selection.
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our site.
4. Storing, Editing and Removing Your Data
Your information may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. We typically store our data in the EU or the EEA.
To edit or remove all or part of the personal information you have given to us, please contact us. Although most changes may occur immediately, information may still be stored in a web browser’s cache. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or in other devices that may store information, and disclaim all liability of such. Also, we may, from time to time, retain residual information about you in our backup and/or database.
We take certain measures to enhance the security of our site and your data, including using SSL certificates. However, we make no representations as to the security or privacy of your information. It is in our interest to keep our website secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
5. Third-Party Access to Your Information
We will not sell, lease out or disclose personal data of an identified user to third parties for their independent purposes, except for the situations shown below:
- We can disclose a user’s data to third parties to operate, maintain, repairing, or otherwise improving or preserving our website or its underlying files or systems.
- We may disclose to our advertiser’s segment data about observed users to target advertisements. Advertisers shall not combine this data to an identified user’s data without the user’s consent.
- We may also disclose personal data to authorities or to other parties based if required to do so by law.
- Data may be transferred to third parties for scientific or historical research purpose, provided that the information has been anonymized so that the data subject can no longer be identified.
- In the case of mergers, acquisitions, or other kinds of re-arrangements of our business operations, personal data may be transferred to buyers and their advisors.
6. Third-Party Websites
Sunglasses Selection may post links to third-party websites on its site. These third-party websites are not screened for privacy or security issues by Sunglasses Selection, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third-party websites.
Sunglasses Selection is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com/amazon.co.uk/amazon.ca.
Some of the information stored is put there by other companies whose software we have added to the site, and this can also impact your experience of other websites you may visit after leaving ours.
If you continue to use this site without taking action to prevent the storage of this information, you are effectively agreeing to this use.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them from being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia – all about cookies.
Below is a list of the different types of cookies used on this site, and an explanation of what they are used for.
Functionality cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore, anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Reporting cookies: These enable reporting to advertisers on how often a specific advertisement has been seen or whether or not the user has clicked on the advertisement.
These cookies help us to report to our advertising customers how well our advertising has performed. For example, have our users clicked the ads. With this data, we can also make sure we don’t show users the same ads many times.
Targeting cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not store any personally identifiable information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Last updated: February 2nd, 2020.