This Ray-Ban lens repair guide teaches you how to replace your broken sunglasses lenses. We assume that you have obtained new Ray-Ban replacement lenses already. If not, you may want to read our instructions on how to buy correct Ray-Ban replacement parts.
Doing the repair work by yourself you’ll save a lot of time by avoiding to send your sunglasses for repair service – they have a long queue at times. You also save the cost of repair work and postage.
Next, we will guide you through the lens removing process (skip this part if broken/scratched lenses have already popped out). And last, we teach you to replace your brand new Ray-Ban replacement lenses. Let’s begin.
How to Remove Lens from Ray-Ban Sunglasses
- Hold your Ray-Ban sunglasses frames with the lenses facing towards you and arms pointing away from you.
- Wrap your fingers gently around the frames and place your thumbs at either end of one lens.
- Press gently but firmly with your thumbs while keeping light tension on your fingers around the nose piece and corner of the lens frame, so it won’t snap until the lens pops backward out of the frame.
- Repeat the process with other lens and lens remove part will be done.
How to Replace Ray-Ban Sunglasses Lens
- This time, turn the sunglasses around so that temples are pointing towards you.
- Place the new replacement lens inside of the frame and put your fingers around the frame while keeping thumbs in your side. The same position like in removing except on another side.
- Press gently and evenly until lens pops into place and keep little pressure around the edges of the new replacement lens, just to make sure it’s attached all the way around.
- Repeat with other lens and you’re finished. Congrats!
- Keep the lens area of the sunglasses frames under hot tap water for about half a minute to make it easier for removal.
- Do not use excessive force while handling sunglasses frames to prevent breakage.
Ray-Ban Lens Repair Services
Even if you doubt your skills for the lens replacement or the task seems simply too complex, we still advise you to buy Ray-Ban replacement lenses. Because many times especially third party providers include “air” in the prices. They may advertise replacement parts on sale but their repair service may be way over the average price or vice verse. For a low budget customer, it’s not good.
The cost-wise approach is to buy one of these Ray-Ban replacement lenses and bring them to the nearest sunglasses shop if you can’t replace them on your own. Many times opticians will do the repair work free, especially if you bought the sunglasses from the same place in the begin.
If you want to contact Ray-Ban manufacturer Luxottica repair service, we advise you to first visit the retailer who sold the product to you. Your retailer will assess the problem and propose the best solution in most situations.